New to this forum? Get Started here

Welcome to this forum. This is a space to allow science communicators to talk to each other and share experiences and suggestions. In order to comment or post a new topic, you must sign up for an account and log in. Once you are logged in, feel free to take a look around and explore.

As a first step, you can Introduce yourself to other science communicators here.
If you have any tips or suggestions to share for young writers, you can share them here.
If you know of any great resources that would help writers and communicators with their craft, you can link to them here.
If you have any questions about science writing, you can post them here.

We have a few experienced mentors on board, who have agreed to look through the forum from time to time and share suggestions and replies. We hope you have a great time here.

[To comment on a topic, or to respond to a comment someone else has posted, click on ‘Reply’.
In order to control what notifications you will be receiving via email, click on the box below the post that says ‘Watching’/‘Tracking’/‘Normal’/‘Muted’. Here you can decide whether you want to be notified of all new comments on a topic or only when your name is mentioned]

5 Likes

Hi
I am Mayur, PhD student at IIT Bombay.

I am a science communicator and love to explain scientific concepts to the common public. I won the FameLab India and became the first Indian to represent India in the FameLab International 2017 ( one of the biggest science communication competitions in the world) at the Cheltenham Science Festival in the UK. I was the finalist for EURAXESS Science Slam India 2017.

My work
Video_1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXFjItsmGrM&t=2s
Video_2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiU3uJVhN2Y&t=13s

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

I am Yashika Kapoor.

I hold a master’s degree in forensic sciences from LNJN NICFS.

I have ventured into the field of science communication to make people relate and understand biology as I feel it impacts everyone of us.

2 Likes

Hello everybody, My name is Aarushi and I am a graduate in zoology and new to this science communication. I want to learn much about all aspects of science and communication and I am looking forward to work in this field full of opportunities. If anyone of you have any suggestions for me how to excel in this field then please share with me.

Thank you

1 Like

Hello,

I am Prakash Dubey, studying environmental science at Rishikesh.

1 Like

Hi.

I am Hemant Ghai, Masters In Biotechnology at Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla.

I am a beginner in Science Writing and very much interested to explore this new and expanding field specifically in OUR COUNTRY.

I have an idea, hope if we could connect and make it bigger.

Thank You.

Hello Everyone!

My name is Aditi Gangal who is looking to make a career in science writing and science communication. With this aim I have signed up to Indiabioscience.

I have been working as academic writer and editor for past three years now where I have got a chance to associate with students, researchers, lecturers, doctors and other professionals whom manuscripts and other writing assignments have given me hope of science writing a suitable career option for me.

I have pursued Bsc Life Sciences from Hansraj College, Delhi University and Msc Environmental Sciences from Asutosh College, Vidyasagar University.

(I hope to pursue phd in future…!!!)

I would like to be guided in best possible manner so I can carve my own step in science writing.

Do connect with me on:

Email: aditigangal01@gmail.com
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditigangal/

I hope for the suitable guidance and association.

(PS: I want to write for Indiabioscience)

Best Regards!

Hi Mayur.

I just saw your Youtube video links! You are indeed a very talented science communicator. I wish you all the best and hope to see more of your work!

1 Like

Hello everyone.

I am a structural biologist by training, and on a break from bench work. I completed my PhD from National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi in 2014. I then was a Humboldt Fellow in Germany for two years, and followed it up with a one-year stint in the UK. I have started exploring the option of science communication recently. Structural biology is a field that daunts many. I want to, through my scicomm, make it less daunting, easier to understand and wonderful to read about.
I also hope to put to paper some of my experiences as a researcher.

You can find my work at:

Hoping to bump into some of you along my journey to become a scicommer.

Hi Nazia,
Thank you very much for your appreciation and encouragement.

Hi everyone,
My name is Nimesha Tadepalle and I am a postdoctoral researcher at Salk institute in USA. I would like to get involved in improving scientific communication among children and young scientists in India. I was wondering if any of you could help me get in touch with some undergraduate students that are doing their Bachelor’s in Biology (genetics, microbiology, biochemistry etc would also be okay) who would be interested in getting mentored about science and research in general. I would be doing this on a voluntary basis and free of charge. I just want to get started on getting young adults interested in science =). Thank you!!

Hello everyone,

I’m Shatarupa Sarkar. I am a Freelance Science Writer, Science Communicator and a PhD student working in the field of ecological sciences, based in Europe. It is great to have a platform where we can all speak to one another. Looking forward to connect with you all in the future.

Warm regards
Shatarupa Sarkar

Email ID: shatarupasarkar.92@gmail.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ShatarupaS_92